10MT #22 | An Interview with Librarian Chad Lehman
From the William Hill足球投注Cool Cat TeacheWilliam Hill足球投注r Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Librarian Chad Lehman helps us learn about the technologies we need to set up an awesome maker space.Guess what?Great maker spaces often have arts and crafts too!Additionally,Chad talks about how he orients students to the maker space and the biggest problems he's had with it(and how he's solving them.)Maker spaces are great places for kids to explore and learn,so take a trip inside the new library — one with a Maker space.
- Listenon iTunes
- Streamby clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline byright-clicking hereand choosing "Save As."
In today's show,we'll discuss:
- The technologies Chad has in his maker space
- The arts and materials he also has on hand
- How Chad introduces students to the space
- The biggest challenge Chad has with setting up the maker space
- What Chad is doing next to solve his maker space problems
- How a maker space changes learning in the school library.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Chad!
Selected Links from this Episode
Some of the links below areaffiliate links.
Some things Chad has in his maker space:
- Makey Makey kitshttp://amzn.to/2mCDnkP
- Ollie robotshttp://amzn.to/2mCE2Tw
- LittleBits kitshttp://amzn.to/2mCUXVX
- Arduino coding kitshttp://amzn.to/2mmk8jG
- Bloxels videogame making kithttp://amzn.to/2lNVftO
- Ozobot robotshttp://amzn.to/2l4mfIA
- Mandala coloring pageshttp://amzn.to/2mmpfjT
- paper rollercoaster stationhttp://amzn.to/2lO5WwC
- KEVA plank sectionhttp://amzn.to/2lNOKaI
- 3D penshttp://amzn.to/2m2Kqqg
- Spark Lightning Lab apphttp://amzn.to/2lh4bGf
- KEVA plank challengeshttp://ift.tt/2moOl1m
Chad Lehman @imcguy
I am happy to be a middle school library media specialist.The move to middle school comes after almost fifteen years in elementary education as a third grade teacher and as an elementary library media specialist.I also spent about three years working for Discovery Education as the Community Manager for the Discovery Educator Network,affectionately known as The DEN.When I'm not at working,I'm probably online,playing or watching sports,riding my Harley,or spending time with my family.
via 维姬·戴维斯William Hill足球投注在coolcatteacher.com.Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Mattersand my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.